Do you know that windows 10 boot logo can be changed? if you need to use your own customized logo to replace windows boot logo then focus on this article. In simple steps, the Windows 10 boot logo may be customized to take on any design of your choice.
Why Change Windows 10 Boot Logo?
Firstly, it can add personality to your computer and make it more unique. It’s a fun, and a way to express your creativity or show off your style.
A step-by-step guide to changing Windows 10 boot logo
1. Get Create an image of your choice as the boot logo, a PNG file with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels.
2. Open File Explorer and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\obe.png
3. Create a new folder and name it “info”.
4. In the “info” folder, create another folder named “backgrounds”.
5. Copy the PNG file you want to use as the boot logo to the backgrounds folder.
6. Rename the PNG file and call it “backgroundDefault.png”.
7. Open Registry Editor by pressing Windows Key + R and typing “regedit” in the Run dialog box.
8. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\Background.
9. Double-click the “OEMBackground” key and change its value to 1.
10. Close the registry editor and restart your computer.
11. The new boot logo should appear after restarting the computer or the next time you power the system.
Tips for choosing a good Windows 10 boot logo
While making a choice of an image to serve as the windows 10 boot logo, there are a few factors that should be taken into consideration.
- The picture must be 1920 × 1080 pixels with high resolution so that it can be displayed correctly. This will guarantee that everything appears sharp and clear on the screen.
- Second, the file should be of type PNG and have a transparent background. As a result of this, the picture is completely undetectable against the start screen’s background color.
In conclusion, the picture ought to be uncomplicated and instantly identifiable. Avoid using graphics or logos that are extremely complicated since they might be difficult to see or understand.
Fix Windows 10 boot logo issues
There are things you can do if you want to fix windows 10 boot logo issues.
- Ensure that your image is in good format and resolution.
- double-check that the “info” and “backgrounds” folders were saved in the appropriate locations after you created them.
- check to see that the “OEMBackground” key in the registry editor has been updated appropriately.
FAQs About Windows 10 Logo Boot
- Can I use any image as a boot logo? Yes, if the file is a PNG with a 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution.
- Do I need to restart my computer after changing the startup logo? Yes, you must restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
- What if I don’t create the “info” and “backgrounds” folders in the right place? If you don’t create these folders in the correct location, your new boot logo will not appear.
- How can I fix startup logo issues? You can troubleshoot startup logo issues by making sure your image is in the correct format and resolution, that you have created the “info” and “backgrounds” folders in the correct location, and that you have changed the “OEMBackground” key correctly in Registry Editor.
- Is it safe to change Windows 10 startup logo? Yes, changing the Windows 10 startup logo is safe and will not harm your PC in any way.
Changing the Windows 10 boot logo is a fun and simple way to give your computer a unique look. In a matter of minutes, you can customize the default Windows logo to better suit your personal style. You won’t believe the difference it can make until you try it.